Birth Registrar Medical Records Varied Shifts
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
- Transcribes and edits dictated reports against actual dictation accurately and timely according to department guidelines.
- Utilizes all available reference tools to ensure the accuracy of the transcribed/edited document.
- Verifies accuracy of patient information such as name and account number.
- Meets productivity standards per department guidelines.
- Report issues with dictation to supervisor.
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience
- One to two years of position-related experience Preferred
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist Preferred