Occupational Therapist Infant Development Center Relief Days
Req #: 18001269
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Coverage as needed, plus the ability to cover a leave full time in the fall.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Conducts initial and annual re-assessments of children on caseload.
- Develops comprehensive evaluation reports for the family and insurance companies.
- Provides direct therapy to assist children to develop maximum fine motor, sensory processing, self-help, and feeding skills.
- Collaborates with other team members including physical, speech-language and music therapists as well as early childhood special educators and paraprofessionals.
- Provides parent training and education individually and in a group setting.
- Facilitates team conferences and meetings.
- Collaborates with director and social worker on individual child and family needs and accessing community resources.
- Trains and educates students, interns, volunteers, and patient’s family members.
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems and safety concerns to Office Coordinator and/or Manager.
What Will You Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- No Previous Experience Required
- Kansas Occupational Therapist License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred