Certified Scrub Tech Surgery Room PRN Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- The surgical technologist actively participates in the preparation and management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and clinical/technical assistance as directed while performing operative and invasive procedures.
- This position requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, the ability to prepare and or assemble complex mechanical devices, sequential planning, and knowledge of fundamental anatomy, strong anticipatory skills and dexterity.
- This position is also responsible to keep abreast of new products, procedures and physician techniques.
- The surgical technologist supports Surgical, CVOR and GI services to provide an effective and safe patient/staff environment.
- All activities associated with the role of the surgical technologist are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse and operating surgeon.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology.
- Certification as Surgical Technician
- BLS Required.