Nurse Education Excellence Program
Req #: 18001468
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as clinical educator for the nursing units.
- Facilitates and assists in coordinating continuing education opportunities for nursing employees at Texas Health Huguley.
- Ensures that nursing education needs are identified through formal and informal needs assessment for staff /leadership through activities such as verbal/ written education requests, committee requests, PI data and supervisory requests.
- Responds to needs assessment data by ensuring that appropriate education is offered within individual departments.
- Works collegially with other department educators in planning and developing educational programs to be offered at Texas Health Huguley based upon identified needs and stated objectives.
- Utilizes principles of adult learning and appropriate educational methodologies in program design as evidenced by program outlines and learning modules.
- Teaches classes within level of expertise.
- Remains current regarding nursing standards of practice and Joint Commission standards, identifying desirable learning experiences for the staff.
- Functions as a Nurse Planner for Texas Health Huguley CNE Provider Unit.
- Assists the Primary Nurse Planner/Unit Director in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating CNE educational activities at Huguley.
- Adheres to TNA and ANCC COA criteria in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all CNE Educational Activities at Texas Health Huguley.
- Assists Lead NetLearning administrator in identifying needs for online education, designing PowerPoint presentations, writing test questions, uploading CBLs, and assigning CBLs to participants.
- Collaborates with nursing units’ UBCs in identifying needs to guide projects.
- Assists with preceptor training.
- As assigned provides expertise to committees and collaborative projects.
- Responsible for assuring ongoing self-continuing education.
- Assists, as appropriate, with policy development and budget planning.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Masters of Science in Nursing preferred or completed within two years.
- A minimum of three years clinical nursing experience.
- Current licensure in the state of Texas as a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates teaching skills in both classroom setting and at bedside.
- Knowledge of nursing practice, Joint Commission standards and Texas Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.