Special Procedures Tech Angio Lab PRN
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes Shawnee Mission Medical Center, SMH – Overland Park and SMH – Prairie Star. The 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have 10 Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 70 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care and Spira Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
Under the direction of a Radiologists, performs radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Must have room set up (including sterile field) and equipment calibrated prior to start of each procedure. Initiates Code Blue procedure as necessary. Assumes responsibilities for Special Procedures and other department duties as needed.
· Scrubs in and assists physician when necessary.
· Performs all special procedures according to department policies.
· Takes turn on emergency call.
· Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
· Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
· Preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains sterile field.
· Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each examination .
· Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department.
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Transfers and positions patients..
· Applies sterile dressing to injection site.
· Initiates and assists in controlling Code Blue procedures if called.
· Cleans and disinfects equipment in procedure room.
· Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank) at all times
· Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
· Sets up and maintains all physiological monitoring equipment and supplies.
· Prepares room for procedure - including sterile field. Selects proper catheters and guidewires for each procedure.
· Provides immobilization devices as required.
· Utilizes PACS and Cerner in an effective manner
· Operates Medrad Injector; selects proper pressure, rates and volume for each injection.
· Operates and maintains equipment.
· Calculates catheter data.
· Administers opaque media and medication. Starts IV’s as requested by physicians.
Education and Experience:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
· Kansas State License (LRT)
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
· VI Registry
· National Registry (ARRT)