Nutrition Care Assistant (Diet Office) Food and Nutrition Services FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists in nutritional care of patients with emphasis on hospitality.
- Processes patient diet orders, patient requests and consultations via the computer.
- Corrects and processes menus, prepares the meal count, runs necessary computer programs, and coordinates the messages coming into the Diet Office.
- Responds over the phone to patient and nursing requests in a professional, cheerful, caring and helpful manner.
- Works closely with the Clinical Dietitians.
- Possesses excellent time management and customer service skills to meet patient needs.
- Understands and adheres to all HIPPA regulations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience