Clinical Dietitian Full Time Days
Req #: 18001789
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
You will be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Department Director, this position provides overall nutrition care to patients, assures that the nutritional needs of the individual patients are being met, and that all documentation as it relates to the patients’ nutritional status is complete and accurate. To that end, this position:
- Actively participates in the development, implementation and review of all Clinical Nutrition functions of the Nutrition Services Departments, including, but not limited to:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – in-patients, out-patients, and community-based activities,
- Corporate and organizational projects with clinical nutrition-related components,
- Cerner® upgrades and modifications, and
- Department initiatives.
- Assists with employee selection, orientation, and instruction, as appropriate.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and compliance of:
- Patient menus and nutritional analysis,
- Appropriate policies and procedures, and
- Nutrition Services Performance Improvement Plan.
- Establishes and/or maintains effective multidisciplinary relationships to provide a uniformed approach to patient care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts patient nutrition assessment of patients at Metroplex Adventist Hospital, the Behavioral Health Center, and Rollins Brook Community Hospital, as assigned. Scope of practices may include both in-patients and out-patients.
- Manages the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process.
- Assess educational needs and the presence of barriers to learning. Provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teach methods necessary to meet patient learning needs.
- Utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluates achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family. Provides appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient’s treatment goals, referring patients appropriately.
- Interacts with department employees, organizational staff, physicians, patients, families on an on-going basis. Practices customer service skills consistently and with genuine conviction.
- Interacts with external contacts to establish and/or maintain good relationships with community resources and professional alliances.
What you will need:
- Bachelors from an accredited institution with major in Food and Nutrition, Clinical Dietetics, or related field.
- Successful completion of dietetic internship.
- Registered at the time of employment by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians at the time of employment, or within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.Master’s degree in nutrition. (preferred)Experience in acute care clinical dietetics (preferred)
- ServSafe Certification (preferred)
- Knowledge of Clinical Dietetics in the healthcare setting. (preferred)Knowledge of food service operations in the hospital setting. (preferred)