Executive Director Oncology Services Cancer Center FT Days
Full Time, Days
Full Time, Days
Shawnee Mission Health
- Maintains a deep understanding of Oncology services from a hospital and physician practice standpoint and plans and executes services to meet community need and grow Shawnee Mission Health.
- Undertakes annual strategic planning to create a work plan for physicians and staff and chart the course for growth.
- Works effectively with physicians inside and outside the cancer center to ensure referral into the cancer center and exceptional patient quality and experience.
- Creates a team environment with physicians in the cancer center and provides direction so their practices can be managed effectively to result in growth in the service line.
- Actively involved in the community supporting cancer related charities and leveraging that activity for growth and recognition of Shawnee Mission Cancer Center.
- Effectively interfaces with MD Anderson associates to ensure a robust affiliation as an MD Anderson Certified member.
- Develops effective strategic and marketing plans, along with action steps and implementation dates.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the revenue cycle and implements processes to ensure revenue cycle integrity.
- Ensures all activities are consistent with the corporate compliance program and completes required audits as assigned.
- Effectively performs personnel tasks including hiring, counseling, promoting and disciplining staff as appropriate.
- Completes performance evaluations in a fair and timely manner.
- Monitors performance efficiently to explain appraisal ratings and to prevent serious problems.
- Ensures appropriate staffing based on work load and staff competency.
- Ensures awareness of and adherence to hospital-wide and departmental policies.
- Assures appropriate performance and documentation of new employee orientation, age-specific competencies in-service education programs and outside educational programs.
- Conducts and documents regular departmental meetings with all department personnel for proper communication.
- Effectively mentors staff and subordinates to maximize their abilities.
- Assists the staff to understand and support organizational policies and objectives.
- Supports team work, refers individuals back to their team to solve problems, offers technical and procedural consultation (does not undercut authority once delegated).
- Develops an annual operating budget and insures adherence to operating parameters.
- Provides timely and complete budget variance reports.
- Completes justification for capital equipment, including pro forma and payback analysis.
- Assures compliance with hospital policies and practices regarding vendor selection and acquisition and payment of supplies and services.
- Makes continuous efforts to ensure cost-effective, efficient operations.
- Collaborates with the Accounting, Managed Care, and Medical Records departments to oversee cancer service reimbursements to ensure appropriate payments from third-party payers and CMS. Ensures the chargemaster is continuously updated to reflect current Medicare coding compliance.
- Ensures proper maintenance of the environment and equipment. Coordinates with housekeeping and engineering to ensure proper maintenance and cleaning of the department and equipment.
- Ensures that supplies, equipment and staffing needed by the departments are available.
- Aggressively addresses outside complaints about employee or department performance and promotes "service recovery."
- Quantifies department efficiency and effectiveness through benchmarking and continuous quality improvement.
- Implements quality program to reduce risk and promote quality care.
- Develops a comprehensive quality assurance plan for the cancer center and supports the hospital quality improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- 7+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Preferred