Registered Nurse Surgery Recovery Part Time Days
Req #: 18001734
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Part Time / Days (18 hours per week)
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively participates in direct patient care (geriatric, adult, adolescent, and pediatric), while analyzing and interpreting patient specific information to assess and reassess the individual nursing care plan.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills when interpreting changes in patient’s immediate post-operative condition. Communicates patient information to all appropriate caregivers, to assure effective continuum of care.
- Demonstrates competence in the management and interpretation of all patient monitoring devices in the PACU environment.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation in Surginet and Power chart while utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to deliver competent, effective, cost efficient patient care.
- Participates in the revision and review of unit specific policies and procedures, while actively engaging in unit goals and performance improvement.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and stocking the unit with supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Florida.
- Associates Degree in Science or Diploma graduate.
- Requires a minimum of one year critical care RN experience or previous PACU experience.
- ACLS, and PALS within 90 days preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- PACU Certification Preferred