Registered Nurse Ambulatory Surgery PRN Days
Req #: 18001825
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
What you will be responsible for:
- Collects essential patient data, documents accurately in Cerner, assesses and reassess the patient’s status prior to planned invasive or noninvasive procedures.
- Reviews all pre-operative labs, and essential patient specific information in a timely manner and communicates findings to appropriate personnel.
- Follows physician orders and performs unit specific nursing skills such as IV starts as ordered.
- Demonstrates clinical competence specific to patient assessment and reassessment.
- Communicates with medical staff, and all indicated ancillary services to assure an appropriate continuum of patient care.
- Assess patients immediately upon return to the unit for phase II recovery and per unit protocols.
- Provides patients and families with post-operative/procedural educational information and discharge instructions. Promotes patient and family education specific to identified needs.
- Discharges patients from ASU following established discharge criteria.
- Participates in the development of unit goals, performance improvement, and attends unit staff meetings.
- Demonstrates clinical competence to perform urine HCG waive test and glucose monitoring.
- Promotes patient trust and comfort during the preoperative preparation process.
- Responsible for the supervision licensed practical nurses and non-licensed patient care personnel.
What you will need:
- Graduate of Associates in Science or Diploma degree in nursing.
- Current FL Registered Nurse.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Competency with IV management.
- Registered Nurse with 2 years minimum in experience in med/surg nursing, out-patient care, or pre-operative holding preferred.