Medical Staff Assistant FT
Park Ridge Health
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
What you will responsible for:
- Assists with the preparation of medical staff functions; prepares for assigned committee meetings, may take minutes. Processes and distributes appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the maintenance of credentials files, appointment and reappointment processes, obtaining necessary data for each applicant.
- Participates in performance improvement activities. Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities. Maintains performance improvement activities for department.
- Responsible for attendance at medical staff meetings; may assist in preparing annual calendar, agendas and information packets as appropriate. Sends notices or calls members as appropriate.
- Maintains confidential credential files on all members of the medical staff and allied health staff, including current staff status, current licensure and other certifications and current clinical privileges.
- Performs secretarial duties for medical staff officers, department and committee chairpersons and administrator to assure compliance with the medical staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Credentialing Policy Manual and Allied Health Manual.
What you will need:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Three or more years of previous experience in medical staff office preferred
- Current CPCS certification preferred
- CPMSM certification preferred