Dishroom Operator PRN Days
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for providing clean sanitized dishes, flatware, utensils, pots and pans, etc., according to safety and sanitary regulations to assure vessels, utensils, etc.
- Prepares all items to be cleaned and sanitized by scraping and presoaking as necessary.
- Flatware to be presoaked in proper solution and not allowed to stack more than 2" per rack.
- Remove all visible soil before running through dish machine to be sanitized.
- Meets established schedules and deadlines in all phases of dish room operation.
- Deliver late trays accurately and on schedule as assigned.
- Transport patient carts to and from nursing units each meal.
- Works various stations on patient tray line as assigned.
- Replaces all clean dishes, pot and pans, utensils, etc., to the proper locations by using proper handling techniques.
- Cleans and sanitizes all carts transported to and from the dish room.
- Delivers food trays to patients following specific procedures and observing strict confidentiality.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- No previous experience required. Will train.