CT Tech Full Time Nights
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorialoperates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!Qualifications
- Performs CT imaging procedures.
- Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed.
- Cross-train into MRI during downtime.
- Maintains records of examinations performed.
- Performs basic patient care with scope of practice and to departmental standards.
- Where appropriate by licensure and cross training, may function as a Radiology technologist.
- Positions patients and equipment, and selects technical factors to produce procedure images and data as needed to meet radiologist standards.
- Enters patient demographic information into logs and system.
- Transports, lifts, moves and positions patients as needed to obtain images, transport patient to/from table or as otherwise needed for patient care.
- Moves and adjusts imaging equipment, including CT gantry and injector.
- Prepares and administers contrast material for CT, including administration of oral and IV contrast per radiologist instructions and exam protocols.
- Performs direct patient care duties, within scope of practice.
- Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedure.
- Performs clerical duties, including documentation of care received as well as assisting in routine department clerical needs.
- Performs equipment QC and calibrations.
- Inventories, cleans and stocks work area.
- Coordinates equipment service and preventative maintenance.
- Two years CT experience required.
- CT registry may be used as experience.
- Must be a graduate of an approved A.R.R.T. program
- Current A.R.R.T registration required
- Florida license in Radiography required
- BLS required.
- Associate Degree preferred
- Licensure in CT preferred