Patient Services Coordinator Home Health FT Days
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380
You will be responsible for:
- The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) is directly responsible for scheduling visits and communicating with field staff, patients, physicians, etc. to maintain proper care coordination and continuity of care.
- The PSC also assists the Clinical Coordinator/Rehab Coordinator with day-to-day office and staff management.
- Manage schedule for all patients. Edit schedule for employees calling in sick, ensuring patients are reassigned timely. Initiate infection control forms as needed and upload as “Employee Infection Report” in HR Console.
- Receive second calls from the field staff (if LPN) during times the clinical supervisors are not available such as during lunch time, weekly case conferences, and other busy times. Refer clinical questions to Manager or Director as necessary.
- Maintain the patient hospitalization log, including entering coordination notes in HCHB, and updating daily for morning huddle. Provide appropriate transfer summary and medication list to the receiving inpatient facility.
- Complete requested schedule as task appears in workflow according to agency scheduling guidelines.
- Considers entire episode of care and adjusts service codes as needed related to discharge visits, supervisory visits and buddy codes.
- Run all scheduling reports including, but not limited to, Agent Summary Report and Missed Visit Done on Paper Report.
- If the PSC is an LPN, receives lab reports and assesses for normality. Faxes a copy of lab to doctor, pharmacy, informs appropriate staff and routes to the Medical Records Department. Initiates Employee/Patient Infection Reports as necessary.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be a Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in the state in which he/she practices with at least one year of clinical experience in a hospital or nursing home setting.
- Have at least 1 year of home health experience and a good understanding of staffing and scheduling requirements related to home health from a field position perspective.