Nurse Manager PCU FT Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
- Responsible for managing all personnel on nursing unit(s).
- Conducts interviews and hires best qualified candidate to fill vacancies. Candidates can be new employees or transfers within the facilities.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Performs annual employee appraisals on all unit staff.
- Identifies needed areas of improvement throughout year.
- Collaborates with Director to determine disciplinary action and action plans for improvement
- Monitors budget on an ongoing basis and completes monthly budget variance analysis within established timeframe.
- Makes patient rounds on routine basis to assess, problem solve, and provide customer service
- BSN Required.
- Three (3) years of nursing experience required.
- One (1) year minimum supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and management ability preferred.
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification