Sterile Supply Tech Certified FT Day Murray Medical
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
What you will responsible for:
- Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment immediately after surgery.
- Maintains adequate turnaround of instrumentation
- Inspects instrumentation as it is cleaned for any defects or damage.
- Assembles instrument trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, notifies supervisor of any deviations.
- Monitors sterilizers per infection control policies.
- Approves that each sterilization load has reached its completion as to the required time, temperature and pressure for the duration required to reach sterilization.
- Logs the approved printout from each load in the appropriate book per SPD policies and procedures.
- Accurately reads and documents biological results for required loads and notifies supervisor or manager of any deviation from the norm.
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment for functionality daily.
- Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be exposed to proper sterilization conditions.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be computer literate. Word and Excel experience preferred
- Must be certified in sterile processing principles or related professional certification
- One (1) year surgical medical supplies knowledge preferred.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Card through AHA