Multi Skilled Worker PCU Medical FT Nights
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner, using name, title and location, within four rings, relaying information to appropriate nurse on a consistent basis.
- Answers patient calls via intercom within one minute and refers message to appropriate nurse to promote prompt service to the patients on a consistent basis.
- Notifies Charge Nurse/RN of pending admissions; notifies nurse of patient's arrival on unit or return to room from surgery/procedure with no more than three (3) documented variances, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Prepares charts for new admissions. Prepares charts for medical records following patient dismissal.
- Labels charts and door with appropriate identification, allergy information and other pertinent information.
- Keeps patient activity board updated on a consistent basis as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Accurately posts all admissions, transfers and discharges on activity boards and desk calendars each shift on a consistent basis, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Assists physicians in locating charts, reports and equipment; notifies Charge Nurse/RN of physicians' arrival on unit on a consistent basis.
- Greets family, visitors and other hospital personnel courteously, providing information and/or directions to appropriate place or person.
- Ensures that all patient charts are supplied with additional needed stamped forms to be used during next shift to always have appropriate forms available for documentation by nurses and physicians.
- Checks, orders and distributes supplies and forms, according to unit policy, to maintain necessary supply without stock piling, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN, with less than three (3) variances per year.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Accurate typing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Medical terminology preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of Monitor/Telemetry Course (Monitor Tech class).
- Nurse Tech Course or medical experience in lieu of education.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six (6) to twelve (12) months previous CNA, unit secretary, monitor technician, or equivalent medical experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- BLS Provider Required
- Unit Secretary Certification preferred.
- CNA preferred.