Patient Access Coord PRN Days Murray Medical Center
Murray Medical Center has provided quality care to the Murray County community for more than 50 years. In that time, we have been recognized with numerous awards for excellence in patient satisfaction, employee engagement, and treatment protocols. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continue to look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Admitting Department personnel are responsible for admission or registration of all patients obtaining service at Gordon Hospital. Personnel provide patients with information regarding living wills, advance directives, conditions of admission, patient rights, and financial responsibilities, while obtaining all necessary demographic, insurance, and other information or signatures necessary to complete the admitting/registration process. All activities are completed in compliance with the applicable state, federal, or regulatory guidelines.
The PAC is responsible for execution of the Admitting Process:
- Obtains demographic/insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information, patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
- Maintains a positive relationship with physicians and physician offices regarding procedures and tests.
- Create face sheets, labels and other miscellaneous paperwork to complete the registration process.
- Explain or make available patient rights, HIPPA, Advance Directives, and any other objectives necessary.
- Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorization are obtained to guarantee proper
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Knowledge of Co-pays, Deductibles and patient responsibilities as the covered party.
- Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements.
- Ensures that documentation meets standards and policies (I.E. Government, Hospital and Departmental).
Maintaining knowledge of collections functions.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due the hospital at time of service.
- Writes receipts legible and appropriate to the account.
- Reconciles cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Reconciles Credit card payments at the beginning and end of each shift.
Covers Switchboard when necessary.
- Knowledge of switchboard/hospital protocol for call dispatching.
- Knowledge of hospital codes and how to respond.
- Knowledge of on call personnel.
- The Patient Access Coordinator performs all duties in accordance with applicable state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- The Patient Access Coordinator is responsible for completion of all mandatory education required by the hospital and the department.
- Previous experience preferred in customer service and/or clerical setting
- Customer Service skills
- Operating a computer
- Microsoft Office applications
- Answering, directing, and making phone calls
- High School Graduate or equivalent