CT Tech Part Time Weekends Gordon Hospital
Req #: 18002971
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
32 hours, weekends
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
Performs routine and special CT imaging procedures. Assist Radiologist in special procedures such as biopsies. Maintains records of examinations performed. Assists in Radiology Department as needed. Where appropriate by licensure and cross training, may function as a Radiology technologist. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
You will be responsible for:
- Produces computerized tomography scans of designated anatomical areas as ordered/directed, according to established practices and procedures.
- Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures for the purpose of detecting pathology.
- Assures responsibilities for the patient flow and all other matters pertaining to patient care, ensures patient and employee safety.
- The technologist is directly involved in a variety of computerized tomography procedures including biopsies, has an extensive experience with available computerized tomography equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control.
- Administers intravenous injections according to policy and procedures of the Imaging Department.
- Performs computerized tomography studies: obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns.
- Provides and supports interdepartmental teamwork set forth by the Imaging Department Director.
- Meets the physical and mental needs of the patient during examination.
- Maintains workstation/area and equipment in acceptable working order and cleanliness.
- Accepts call responsibilities in accordance with departmental policy.
- Adheres to federal and state radiation safety guideline and regulations regarding patient and operator protection, collimation and shielding.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other department and medical staff.
- Recommends action necessary for improvement of the overall discipline and other actions regarding personnel.
- Maintains acceptable standards of performance and responsibility according to department policy and procedures on a daily basis.
- She/he will be expected to participate in Performance Improvement projects as needed.
- If he/she is cross-trained or registered in other modalities, he/she will be expected to rotate thru those modalities as needed.
What will you need?
- Graduate of a 2-year Radiology Technology program
- Must be ARRT (CT) Registered or CT registry eligible by January 2018.
- BLS required
- One year of CT experience preferred
- CT Registry preferred