Nuclear Medicine Technologist Relief
Req #: 18002003
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Relief, As Needed
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Rotates “on-call” status.
- Orders supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Observes strict precautions in handling radionuclides to safeguard against over exposure to radiation.
- Monitors contaminated articles and bed linens of patients using Geiger counter to insure that radioactivity is not spread to unaffected persons.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Follows all Nuclear Medicine Policies/Procedures.
- Operates Cerner proficiently, troubleshooting problems with orders and makes corrections within scope or user level.
- Keeps records of tests conducted, test results, and use and disposition of radionuclide and body products containing them.
- Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders, and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Operates Dose Calibrator to measure concentration of radionuclides in specific body areas and body products to obtain information for use of physicians in diagnosing patient illnesses.
- Prepares radiopharmaceuticals for administration to patient.
- Operates Gamma cameras to measure radionuclide concentrations and to record visual representations of the radionuclide concentrations in specific body areas of the patient.
- Provides patient transportation when needed.
- Documents on communication white board and schedule log sheet.
What will you need?
- ARRT in Nuclear Medicine ARRT (NM) or Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT)
- Kansas State License (LRT)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association with at least 6 months active upon hire
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience Preferred