ASCP Medical Lab Tech Full Time Nights
Req #: 18002894
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
*This position will be shared between Metroplex and Rollins Brook Laboratory*
Under the direct supervision of a medical technologist or supervisor, a medical technician performs laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiar with the policies and procedures as related to the clinical area.
- Has knowledge of and understands current CAP and JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care providers.
- Assists in departmental, hospital and community in-services/education when assigned.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement.
- Activity participates in assigned meetings.
- Involved in the review and planning of laboratory objectives
- Upholds professional standards of performance and conduct.
- Excellent customer service skills
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate in Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Mathematica, computer, reasoning and language skills at the College level.
- Experience over 5 years preferred
- Cerner Laboratory Information System experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION:
- ASCP certification is preferred.