Certified Surgical Tech F/T Days Manchester Memorial Hospital
The Certified Surgical Technician, under direct supervision of the surgeon and the general supervision of the unit nurse manager, assists the operating staff by scrubbing on all types of major and minor surgery procedures. Coordinates scheduling, equipment oversight, infection control and other assigned functions of the surgery unit under the direction of the unit nurse manager. Provides all necessary sterilized items for use on patient care units.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Scrubbing in on various case specialties.
· Cleaning instruments and sterilizing as needed.
· Aid in transportation of patients as needed
· Ordering of instruments and supplies as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to scrub in on all case specialties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
§ One year Certified Surgical Tech experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certified Surgical Technician (CST)