Radiology Operations Manager FT Days
Req #: 18002757
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time, Days
40 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Possesses a broad understanding and advanced knowledge of the requirements of the Department of Radiology equipment and staff, exercising professional judgment in performance of services and maintaining a demeanor complementary to medical ethics.
- Communicates with associates, responding effectively to questions, issues, or problems.
- Establishes effective working relationships with ancillary departments involved with Radiology issues and activities.
- Facilitates teamwork, challenges status quo, and breaks down barriers to team performance.
- Facilitates team-building activities and/or meetings for planning and collaboration.
- Assumes a leadership role in providing recognition for the real contribution of associates, both individually and by team contribution.
- Coordinates and assists Radiology Director in the development of a comprehensive implementation process in collaboration with appropriate team members. Includes: communication and utilization of a change plan, evaluation of the impact/results.
- Conducts thorough analysis of projects by assessing needs, expectations, supporting data, and develops implementation plan in collaboration with appropriate team members.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Manages the collection required audits and monitors various reports to ensure Radiology practices meet compliance plan and customer service objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of data and analysis.
- Participates in strategic planning.
- Provides supervision and direction to Radiology staff.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 5 to 10 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas State LRT License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association