Administrative Director Clinical Excellence
Our Mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Admin Director, Clinical Excellence will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing the organization’s quality, patient safety, and high-reliability programming that will be fully responsive to the designing and development of programs that fully respond to the ongoing changes in regulatory requirements, and meet the demands of Healthcare Reform, Value Based Purchasing and other payment programs. This position will also be responsible for the design and implementation of clinical education and professional development programming that supports the organization’s ongoing integration of advances in evidence-based practice and research, ongoing professional practice development and clinical education programming, as well as strategic planning and action plan development to enable the organization to achieve and maintain ANCC-Magnet status.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to function in a multi-faceted role.
- Ability to work as a team member with peers, staff, patients, physicians, and executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to meet department goals.
- Requires knowledge of educational/training development of staff members in clinical settings.
- Ability to develop aspiring leaders, transition clinicians throughout organization thus assisting with professional development, lead teams and achieve expected outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in nursing or other healthcare-related clinical field, or other hospital/healthcare management or quality/safety related field.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience providing over site.
- Minimum of five years of experience leading a hospital quality/patient safety program.
- Demonstrated quality program leadership experience; knowledge of management principles, problem solving methodologies and analytical techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills, flexibility and the ability to design innovative solutions in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, or other related hospital/healthcare or population health management field.
- Greater than 7 years progressive leadership experience in healthcare environment.
- Experience managing diverse work teams.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing patient safety programs.
- Experience with high reliability and lean healthcare methodology.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Active RN License (Florida)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Lean Certification
- Patient Safety Certification