Cardiopulmonary Tech PRN
Full Time, Days
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
- Prioritizes work appropriately and ensures all work completed.
- Interacts with all members of the health care team to ensure efficient problem resolution.
- Reviews patients’ charts and ensures proper orders prior to testing; obtains orders as needed; documents all procedures appropriately.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Strives to accommodate changing needs of the department while maintaining high productivity, availability and efficient use of physical resources and supplies.
- Performs age-specific care for age categories: infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- Reviews, collects and evaluates pertinent and relevant clinical data.
- Provides effective education to patients, students and co-workers.
- Adheres to PPID and infection prevention policies and procedures.
- Upholds professional standards for performance and conduct.
- Actively participates in positive skills mentorship for other staff.
- Active participation in department to include meeting attendance, project participation, participation in team discussions and/or huddles, review of email and huddle board at least once per shift worked.
- Has knowledge of/understands current JCAHO standards for the aspect of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Skills to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conductive to carrying out the mission of the facility
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- General knowledge of emergency equipment and supplies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Currently enrolled in a health services degree program (RT, LVN, RN, etc.)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- ACLS Certification