Assistant Nurse Manager Medical Surgical Unit FT Day
Full Time Day Shift
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
- Leading the Employees - Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and reports findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the interview process/application selection.
- Creates a work environment that addresses the physical and emotional needs of the staff.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Ensures that practice changes, as a result of performance improvement activities, are implemented.
- Critical Thinking - Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM.
- Business of Healthcare Delivery - Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics as it applies to the delivery of patient care.
- Is involved in unit-department based budgeting and support of the budget.
- Fosters patient, family, staff, and physician satisfaction.
- Technology - Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit.
- Clinical Practice Knowledge - Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit.
- Assumes the role of a staff nurse and is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities.
- Relationships and Behaviors - Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates a professional persona in their work.
- Associate or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required
- Current BLS and ACLS certification