Senior Marketing Strategist FT Days
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepares and executes strategic marketing and community relations plans and activities to include advertising, marketing, community relations, special events, media, sponsorship, physician relations, customer service, internal communication, new business opportunities, etc. and follows compliance guidelines for all activities.
- Represents Florida Hospital Deland within the community; building and maintaining strong community relationships. Assists with community benefits reporting for the organization.
- Drafts routine correspondence as requested by department director for internal and external stakeholder audiences.
- Interacts with medical staff to facilitate practice development, positive media exposure, marketing initiatives, and to communicate organizational priorities.
- Assists with the coordination of community town halls, newsletters, huddles, routine communication via the newsletter and display boxes, and participation in system activities such as Hospital Week, Nurses Week, holiday celebrations and other activities as requested.
- Develops tracking mechanisms with Finance, the Director of Marketing, and Corporate for impact/effect of all marketing activities. Tracks, monitors, and reconciles ROI quarterly. Understands the effectiveness of initiatives working with research to gather data to analyze and report ROI. In addition, oversees that all processes (event checklist, sponsor vetting systems, delivery and supply and core monthly reports are submitted on time, and in a pristine, professional manner.
- Manages and oversees assigned website areas for routine update and new site development - internal and external sites.
- Facilitates market research and coordinates with the research resources including market analysis and reporting to support marketing strategy development and maintaining competitor, consumer, and physician information.
- Effectively works with internal and external resources and team members, acting as a liaison for client(s), to implement marketing projects and advertising campaigns across other campuses and service-lines.
- Completes projects and produces materials and/or events within established or adjusted budget and time parameters. Coordinates approvals and communicates situations that impact the budget.
- Works proactively and independently showing initiative and problem-solving skills consulting with administration, seeking advice when appropriate for situations outside authority or expertise. Provides timely reports to supervisor, whenever requested.
- Works with department leadership to implement crisis and disaster communication plans as necessary.
- Cultivates relationships with vendors of all relevant industry, including media contacts, advertising contacts, print and direct mail, etc. to ensure Florida Hospital Deland receives the best benefit possible.
- Generates media story ideas for assigned areas working in conjunction with clients and Regional Media Manager to determine newsworthy items and shares media call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing or public relations is required.
- Three to four years’ experience in marketing industry is required, preferably in healthcare.
- Driver’s License required.
- Strong writing, organization and interpersonal communications skills are required, as is proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, etc.