Security Officer PRN Day
Req #: 18003083
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Security
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the buildings and grounds of the Hospital.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations.
- Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto Hospital premises.
- Escorts visitors, patients and personnel to and from parking areas.
- Assists motorists who become stranded on Hospital property.
- Maintains current information in lost and found logs.
- Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team and responds to all codes
- Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by Hospital personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and reports all incidents, verbally or through general incident form, by the end of each shift.
- Writes accurate, clear and legible incident reports and documents investigatory steps and results.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients.
- Patrols buildings and grounds; inspects doors, windows and locks to determine level of security.
- Patrols parking areas to detect any irregularities.
- Inspects outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent theft of Hospital property.
- Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
- Periodically conducts security classes for new personnel and refresher security classes for current personnel.
- Assists and gives courteous responses to any inquiries made by patients, visitors or personnel.
- Enforces all Hospital policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and the Security Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to perform work accurately with attention to detail within certain time frames
- Ability to work cooperatively with health system staff
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to change in workload and work schedule
- Two to four years of job related experience (preferred)
- Basic computer knowledge (preferred)
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. (preferred)
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- Florida Security D License
IAHSS Certification (preferred)