Registrar Representative (Health Partners Reg Rep) - FT/Day
Req #: 18002104
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
FT / Day
Florida Hospital Heartland
What You Are Responsible For:
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Answer the telephone prior to the third ring, identifying the practice and self by name.
- Take accurate and legible messages, which include time, date and initials.
- Answer non-clinical questions for patients and family members and routes all other calls correctly.
- Understand guidelines for and appropriately uses the telephone system.
- Collects patient co-pay, deductible and/or co-insurance amounts at the time of service. Also collects prior patient balances
- Have a clear understanding of rules and regulations of contracted insurance with the practice.
- Review, checks and insurance explanations of benefits for completeness and accuracy prior to posting.
- Schedules return visits and other services as requested by physician.
- Enter the appropriate diagnostic codes with procedures into the computer and documents account.
- Stay current with daily charges no less than 90% of the time.
- Perform a daily reconciliation of payments and adjustments posted against sign-in sheet, encounter forms, and Practice Management system, correcting any discrepancies prior to the daily close (including credit card balancing).
- Prepare bank deposit on a daily basis.
- Reconcile cash drawer at beginning and end of day, report any discrepancies to Practice Supervisor/Manager.
- Sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Complete special projects or performs other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager in a timely manner.
- Willing to float to other FHHD practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Display a courteous and caring attitude and represent the practice in a positive manner to patients, visitors and co-workers at all times.
- Continuously strive to improve patient satisfaction by going above and beyond their expectations.
- Support the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow.
- Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
- Adhere to the FHHD Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Basic knowledge and ability in medical business office procedures
- Basic knowledge of coding
- Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience with computers and EPM and EMR software (Preferred)
- One (1) year of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding experience (Preferred)