Physician Office Coord Family Practice Woodlands FT Days
Req #: 18002980
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
Backed by Florida Hospital, one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 hospitals in the state of Florida and more than a century of experience in health care, Florida Hospital Physician Group is expanding and transforming all aspects of health care with innovative advancements and leading edge technology. Our heritage of a unique, whole-person health approach to care – achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients – is shared by our Florida Hospital Physician Group partners.
You will be responsible for:
· Operations Management:
· Serves as a liaison between Practice Administrator and office staff to coordinate successful delivery of care and services, informing Practice Administrator of any pertinent information or areas of concern.
· Responds to inquiries from staff, patients and physicians concerning general activities, practices and operations and refers complex and/or sensitive inquiries to appropriate person(s).
· Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates and distributes as appropriate to the staff.
· Ensures practice is open and operating during scheduled business hours. Ensures phones are covered, and transferred as appropriate for off-hours.
· Ensures adequate clinical and business office supplies are maintained; maintains appropriate inventory while assisting with cost control by seeking the most cost-effective products without forfeiting quality.
· Submits purchase requests for supplies to Practice Administrator. Ensures delivery of supplies, and that invoices match what was delivered. Submits invoices to Practice Administrator for processing.
· Helps motivate staff and organizes day-to-day activity of department.
· Functions in any role necessary, if qualified to do so, to ensure the successful operation of the office.
· Understands and helps assure compliance for regulatory, accreditation and system process.
· Financial Management:
· Assists Practice Administrator in financial management of practice, by reviewing monthly reports, helping to identify opportunities, and providing assistance for any plans to meet fiscal goals.
· Follows all established policy for A/R Management. Ensures physician office staff is trained and accountable for all A/R tasks within practice. Helps ensures collection ratio for practice collections is maintained.
· Coordinates scheduling of staff within the office and arranges for back-up staff when necessary. Keeps Practice Administrator informed of any staffing problems. Asks for the assistance of the Practice Administrator when necessary.
· Provide input to Practice Administrator for staff evaluation process.
· May be a designated timekeeper for other employees and providers
· Assists the administrator in the selection of applicants for positions. Orient new personnel to the department, train and help evaluate employees.
· Ensures management is aware of all practice personnel issues.
· Other Functions:
· Maintains communication with Practice Administrator on daily basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Travel outside the office may be required at times.
What will you need:
· Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding experience
· Knowledge on CMS, Joint Commission and corporate quality indicators.
· Ability to greet patients and answering the telephone in a professional, pleasant and helpful manner.
· Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Email, Word and Excel, with the ability to type 40 words per minute accurately.
· Candidates must possess excellent communication skills as well as knowledge of medical practice operations.
· Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to function as liaison between physicians, clinical and clerical staff as well as patients and their family members.
· Work requires knowledge of physician office policies, procedures, and equipment.
· Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment in a confident, professional manner. Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while retaining a confident, knowledgeable and helpful demeanor.
· Ability to listen compassionately demonstrating effective problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques to areas of concern to patients and employees without appearing judgmental are essentials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma/equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a medical practice in either a clinical or administrative role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Some college.