Imaging Assistant FT Variable Shift
Req #: 18003031
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
You will be responsible for:
- Resolves customer service issues in a timely and efficient manner, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor
- Provides imaging/transport functions to all patients, regardless of sex, age or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care
- Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging equipment and the department's policies and procedures
- Demonstrates effective communication, skills with all staff, patients, families, and imaging services administration
- All communications are focused, effective and informative and are completed within established time guidelines
- Works with department staff to facilitate patient care across modalities
- Recognizes and helps to facilitate same patient exams across modalities
- Works in conjunction with other departments (IE, OR, ED) to facilitate patient care
- Follows established processes between departments regarding patients receiving treatments/procedures in other departments
- Department Press Ganey scores are achieved
- Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and discontinues use before the problem leads to a more costly repair
- Proficiently performs all Imaging Assistant patient care activities safely and in accordance with FHT standards of care
- Demonstrates ability to perform duties independently and in accordance with department policy and procedure guidelines
- Is familiar and complies with appropriate JCAHO standards and directives.
- Able to teach the same.
- Wears TLD badge daily, reviews radiation exposure reports and uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations.
- Follows ALARA
- Follows patient identification/verification process prior to performing all patient exams/procedures
- Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs
What will you need?
- Ability to quickly learn and use software packages such as IDX, IBEX, and SMS clinicals.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain responsibility for all FHT continuing and Annual education
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year public contact in a medical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology (Preferred)
- CPR certification