Respiratory Therapist FT Nights
Req #: 18003059
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
- Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities to include: PAP, IS, USN, HHN.
- Sets up and monitors oxygen administration.
- Sets up oxygen cylinders and assures proper usage and safety measures are in place.
- Performs bedside spirometry tests. May be requested to perform test in PFT lab following adequate training and/or orientation.
- Performs arterial punctures using radial, brachial, and femoral sites independently. Draws off arterial lines to obtain sample for blood gas analysis.
- Be a member of the “code team” responding to arrest situations. As part of the team may be expected to perform CPR (compression).
- Sets up requested hemodynamic lines, calibrates monitors, and troubleshoots any problems that may occur.
- Performs all aspects of artificial airway care. Able to perform deep blind tracheal suctioning on patients.
- Daily/weekly preventative maintenance and calibration, quality assurance of ABG analyzers.
- Familiar with oxygen delivery systems (i.e. Nasal cannula, Venturi mask, non-rebreather).
- Familiar with measuring devices to include, but not limited to, pulse oximeter, Wrights respirometer, oxygen blenders.
- Responsible for the set-up, safety check, monitoring, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators.
- Familiar with CPAP set-up and administration of CPAP.
- Performs quality EKG’s according to departmental standards
- Maintains accurate and legible records, documenting clinical notes in patient’s charts.
- Participation in reporting patient progress, and prioritizing patient condition to the next shift.
- Proper documentation in department records. Participates in staff meetings, attends lectures, conferences and seminars.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Proper time management for general floor therapy.
- Proper time management for critical care procedures/therapies.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to adult and neonatal ventilator management.
- Demonstrates time management and prioritization skills on a routine basis.
- Participates in respiratory care performance improvement program.
- Is BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certified and maintains certifications.
- Demonstrates accuracy in documentation for all respiratory care procedures.
What will you need:
- Three (3) years acute care hospital experience required.
- Graduate of an AMA accredited 2-year (AS degree) Respiratory Care Program
- BS (Preferred)
- Must possess current state license (RRT) upon hire
- BLS required upon hire
- CPR required upon hire
- ACLS required upon hire
- NRP upon hire or within three (3) months of employment date
- PALS upon hire or within three (3) months of employment date