Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) PRN
Req #: 18003136
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
To assist the RN/LVN in providing nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served.
Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration and respect.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The CNA is responsible for assisting the RN and LVN implementation and planning of patient centered care for all patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Is able to perform basic CNA functions in all care areas. Acts as personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to, vital signs, personal care and ADL’s. Performs duties under nursing direction.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient including, but not limited to, spiritual care, supply charges, patient and family teaching, vital signs and graphic record completion.
- The CNA reports patient condition changes, inconsistencies, or other concerns to the registered nurse and/or LVN. Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety. Develops self professionally and participates in hospital and departmental activities.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement. Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Understands computer downtime procedures
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Certificate from an accredited School of Nursing Assistants, and six months to one-year related experience and/or training.
- Must hold a current certificate in C.P.R.
- Must hold a current certificate in CNA.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of medications, read safety information, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with
- Able to obtain and document vital signs on appropriate chart forms.
- Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
- Ability to initiate, keep and maintain legible, accurate, concise patient records.
- Demonstrate baseline competency in all areas of the indicated skills checklists and age specific competency
- Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.