EF-PA Cardiovascular Surgery
Req #: 16006461
Location: DAYTONA BEACH, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
The Physician Assistant provides the clinical management of the cardiac surgical patient. Including pre and post-operative care under the direction of the supervising cardiac physicians. The PA has the responsibility for assessment and management of cardiac patients including diagnostic and therapeutic intervention, day to day implementation and evaluation of the appropriate plan of care. The PA assists the surgeon with invasive procedures at the bedside and in the operating room. The PA works in collaboration with the medical, nursing and support services to provide patient and family focused care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care and teaching.
- Monitoring and transport of the patient to ICU/PACU as needed.
- Participates in hospital/community functions.
- Maintains working knowledge of JC/CMS/AHCA and Core Measures.
- Consistently complies with documentation standards and core measure requirements.
- Participates in STS data collection and long term surgical outcome data interpretation and implementation to improve metrics.
- Works in the OR as a first assist as needed and participates in call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians and leadership to decrease LOS and ensure proper utilization.
- Collaborates with physicians and leadership to ensure excellent quality and compassionate care is provided.
- Abides by medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a college level Bachelor’s Degree.
- Graduate of AMA approved Physician Assistant Program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Florida Physician Assistant license required in addition to certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- ACLS/BLS certification.