Director of Operations Physician Enterprise Full Time Days
Req #: 16008069
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Physician Grp
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
Backed by Florida Hospital, one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 hospitals in the state of Florida and more than a century of experience in health care, Florida Hospital Physician Group is expanding and transforming all aspects of health care with innovative advancements and leading edge technology. Our heritage of a unique, whole-person health approach to care – achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients – is shared by our Florida Hospital Physician Group partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Leads the day-to-day operations and finances of the medical practices and aligns these initiatives with the strategic vision of Florida Hospital to promote overall practice growth and development.
- Establishes strong working relationships with Florida Hospital administrative and support teams to provide professional support in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to meet and advance the specific practices goals, aligned with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Works to create an environment of efficient practice operations in cooperation with the appropriate support systems to provide timely and accurate information as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of industry trends, legislation and regulatory standards, related to practice operations. Determines fiscal requirements, assists in the preparation of annual budgets and strives to meet expense expectations.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of practices and provides relevant information to Senior Leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring the consistent and appropriate interpretation, evaluation and application of the policies and procedures as established by Florida Hospital.
- Promotes and develops effective and efficient communication strategies in order to promote a positive work environment and optimal operational workflow.
- Maintains a process of consistent accountability by providing effective leadership and direction to managers and staff, as well as promoting effective customer service strategies.
- Aligns with peer Directors to identify challenges in the environment, opportunities for improvement and items requiring intervention as appropriate.
- Proactively facilitates and manages change to foster employee and leadership acceptance and support.
- Supports the optimal operational workflow of practices through cooperation, collaboration, communication, and flexibility with support departments on their behalf.
- Hires and supervises Practice Administrators, office managers, associate directors and other ancillary management staff as applicable.
- Meets with Practice Administrators on a weekly basis; meets with Physicians at least once a month.
- Attends standing monthly business meetings to include operations, finance, patient safety, and strategy.
- Responsible for early recognition and the acquisition of infrastructure needs and approves all personnel request (including mid-level providers) made by practices.
- Follows established on-boarding and separation procedures and timelines.
- Maintains a positive approach to resolving issues and implementing solutions.
- Takes time to listen and provide explanations, while anticipating the needs of the practices.
- Efficiently and effectively communicates necessary strategic information and acknowledges all communication within 24-48 hours.
- Supports the finance team and complies with policies and procedures established by Florida Hospital.
- Analyzes monthly financial statements and statistical reports to develop a summary of trends and key variances from budget and reviews reports with Senior Leadership, Physicians, and Practice Administrators.
- Owns the creation and implementation of action plans for practices, as appropriate.
- Assist in the recommendation and procurement of capital equipment, as requested.
- Acts as the driver/initiator of developing specialized reports.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the collection module process.
- Holds practices accountable to accuracy and timeliness of charge entry, demographic entry, receipt entry, managed care referrals, and other billing and insurance functions.
- Supports the audit team in their role of assisting providers in proper coding, documentation and chart audits on a routine basis.
- Provides support as needed to the audit team in their efforts to provide education or remedial education to providers and staff.
- Monitors facility utilization and recommends facility improvement including construction and renovation.
- Monitors and ensures equipment is maintained and in good repair or is replaced as needed.
- Ensures office materials are up to date.
- Works collaboratively with practices on patient care issues and practice direction; responsible for holding all staff accountable to a patient-centered culture, ensuring that organizational goals and objectives are met at the practice level.
- Earns trust and respect by working as a collaborative and synergistic resource.
- Displays a caring and courteous attitude and represents all practices in a positive manner.
- Communicates and fully discloses any issues or concerns with Senior Leadership.
What will you need:
- Advanced healthcare degree, certifications and industry knowledge.
- Ability to effectively manage employees.
- Able to construct and analyze financial and other reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in business that is focused in a customer-centric service delivery matrix.
- Operational management experience in the healthcare setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, and a self-starter.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to deal with and manage stressful situations.
- Professional demeanor.
- Significant experience with customer relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage, train, explain, support, and follow recommended processes.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Highly strategic, creative, and process oriented.
- Ability to interface and influence at all organizational level.
- Willing to travel regionally.
- Functions well in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or Healthcare related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in management related to healthcare operations in a group practice environment.
- Proficient experience in compliant coding guidelines, reimbursement procedures, medical records management, and efficient practice operations.
- Practical knowledge and experience in working with practice management software systems with the ability to direct workflow in order to optimize operations.
- Experience in budgetary finance and accounting skills with regards to practice management and operations.
- Master’s in Health Care Administration (MHA) or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) (Preferred)