Registered Nurse First Assist RNFA Surgery FT Days
Req #: 16008674
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Full Time, Days (40 hours)
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Registered nurses and surgical technologists practicing as first assistants in surgery are functioning in an expanded perioperative role.
- Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA, CRNFA), expanded role in the perioperative setting includes preoperative patient management in collaboration with other health care providers, which includes performing a focused preoperative nursing assessment, communicating and collaborating with other health care providers in the patient’s plan of care.
- Postoperative patient management in collaboration with other health care providers, which includes postoperative rounds, and discharge planning.
- Registered Nurse First Assistant’s (RNFA, CRNFA) expanded role in the perioperative setting includes intraoperative performance of surgical first assistant technique as in using instruments and medical devices, providing surgical site exposure, handling and/or cutting tissue, providing hemostasis by means of clamping vessels, coagulating, and ligating vessels, suturing, and closure of surgical sites (i.e. closure of muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin).
- Registered Nurse First Assistants (RNFA, CRNFA), expanded role in the perioperative setting may include (upon successful completion and validation of advanced instruction/training) injecting dye with lymphosentigraphy and Insertion of peripheral/central arterial/venous catheter.
What will you need?
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Completion of an accredited RNFA program
- Two years surgery experience in multi-disciplined OR in an acute care hospital setting
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) is required
- Certification as First Assist (CRNFA) is preferred